Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Ottawa Rotary Home and Foundation. We are excited to meet you and hope we can collaborate to enrich the lives of the individuals we support. Volunteering with the Ottawa Rotary Home can take many different forms from helping at our fundraising events, to providing administrative support, to working with and getting to know our clients by helping on outings or by reading, baking or just playing together.
The first step in volunteering with us is to schedule a date for an interview and orientation to our home. At that time we can talk about your schedule (how frequently you are interested in volunteering) and the role that you would like to take on as a volunteer.
Please note that in order to volunteer with us you will need to complete the following:
1. Police records check for service with the vulnerable section. We will provide you with a letter stating your interest in volunteering with us so that you may obtain the records check free of charge. If you have had one done within the last six months you do not need to get a new one.
2. Provide the names and contact information of two references who can speak about your character and personality. One of these should be a professional reference (e.g. an employer or teacher).
3. A photocopy of your driver’s license or another piece or valid photo ID.
4. A letter from your primary health care provider stating that you are free of communicable diseases. You must also provide proof that your Hepatitis B immunizations are up to date.
5. A recent TB test (within the last year) is also required. Please bring your immunization record.
Here are some of the volunteer positions available at the Ottawa Rotary Home: