Children's Respite - Booking Guidelines
As always, the duration of your child’s visit is flexible. However, we do aim to offer all of our families a complete week or weekend of respite, so we prefer that the duration of a weekend visit be from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon (or Monday morning to school), and a week visit to be from Monday after school to Friday morning (or add the weekend and discharge Sunday afternoon or Monday to school). We do not mind accommodating mid week admissions if there are extenuating circumstances. We only ask that you keep these to a minimum out of respect for other families as this means we must cut another's visit short.
Bookings can be made by calling Rotary Home at 236-3200 Monday to Friday between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM, or by using the online booking form.
Regular Planned Relief
A popular alternative to making general bookings is to apply for our Regular Planned Relief Program. Here are the highlights of this program:A popular alternative to making general bookings is to apply for our Regular Planned Relief Program (RPR). Here are the highlights of this program:
- The RPR Program runs for the school year, from September until mid-June.
- Your child will be booked to visit Rotary Home once every seven weeks.
- You’ll receive a set schedule of your child’s bookings for the whole school year.
- Your child’s visit will be from Sunday evening (or Monday afternoon) until the following Friday morning.
- Your child maintains his or her usual school day routine.